Thursday, May 14, 2009



These are the lights amidst all the unknowns of life right now. The thought of not walking into a classroom each day makes my heart break. Heather and I talked today about how each day for us it's like new levels of heartbreak. But I think that's how it is when you love what you do. So if nothing else comes from all of this, I know that this is more than a job for me. In college I was always so worried that teaching was a cop out for me and that it wasn't what I should/really want to be doing...but through the last couple of weeks it's become apparent that this is it. I may have other capacities in life, and there are other things that I want to do...but I am fulfilled here. So...I will continue to hold onto hope that the budget will sort itself out. I will pray that I will be graceful and kind through this process. I will hope that I will continue to be effective. And each day I will stand at the door and watch these faces walk through the door, I will give hugs when they are hurt, I will smile when they look at me, I will teach hard so that they soak up all they can, and I will laugh with them often and much. Because they are why I do what I do, not the paycheck, and above all I will remember that there is purpose to difficulties, even if it's not my favorite.
Seriously how can you not love these guys! :)

1 comment:

Ridgely said...

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:3-5

We love you so very much, Mom and Dad