Saturday, July 23, 2011

Homemade Dinner!

Tonight dinner was from the land!
Watermelon-Peach-Lemonade...all from the market, made with Josh's famous juicer..yum!  Tomorrow we're going to add champagne to the extra and have it for breakfast with blueberry pancakes- yum!

 Salad made with Lettuce and Kale from the market, feta, pine nuts and the amazing Ceaser Salad Dressing made from the Joy of Cooking recipe that my mom has made for years!
Corn from the market (yellow and white kernals, and it's DELICIOUSLY sweet!)  Carlton lamb burgers on yummy rolls left over from the wedding (no worries they were in the freezer!) with local goat cheese...only on mine because Josh hates goats...and an exquisite garlic aioli from the amazing greekish market over by where my mom works!

Good dinner!  Finished off with some cookie dough...yes just the dough!  The cookies have been hidden from me for 2 reasons. 
1.  I have NO willpower (thanks for passing that down mom! :))
2.  They look like this:
Yep, really big and broken to pieces.  Note to cooks out there: just because you have new cookie sheets from your wedding presents and you think they are beautiful and shiny and you want them to stay that way DOES NOT mean you should spray them with a light mist of olive oil...even if it was sprayed out of your new oil mister that you couldn't wait to use...something weird happens to the cookies and they look ridiculous!  But they still taste good!  I was happy with my cookie dough!
I swear I did not eat all of this...I put half of it back for later!




1 comment:

Ridgely said...

YUM! I'm so proud of you, you are a great cook! Wish I could have been there to share!