Friday, September 4, 2009

Lunch Yesterday...

In light of the summer drawing to a close, I've been trying to suck the life out of each day. Sometimes I do a great job...case in point- Wednesday. Wednesday: Woke up fairly earlyish, headed out to McMinnville (not connected by any major thoroughfare or road) to register as subs...again, had a fabulous breakfast, picked beautiful flowers at "Gramma's Place" and also some wildflowers along the road, bought some delicious produce at a roadside stand, found some pussywillows, went for a LONG and glorious run, hung out at the pool with a book, slept in the sun and then cooked dinner with good friends, and the day ended playing at the park...what could be better?

However Thursday I wasted a ton of time "cleaning and organizing". Why is it that you can start the day so full of ambition and plans, and it tanks after that coffee doesn't quite kick in the way you need it to? So much wasted time...the only true bright spot in the day was this fabulous salad that I just made up and reading outside (and the first part of saying goodbye too...not to diminish that!)...and a truly brilliant idea. I am going to start documenting my various fabulously relaxing lunches that I make, or find randomly.

Sadly my USB ports have suddenly stopped working on my laptop, so I can't upload the picture yet...but "picture" (ha ha) this...fresh: avacados, peaches, purple (yes, that's right purple) pepper, blackberries, and mozerella cheese. The dressing: 2 spoonfuls Nancy's yogurt, a splish of balsamic vinegar, a splash of agave syrup, a squeeze of lime and a dash of salt...stired together and poured over the salad...bravissimo!!! Fabulous...throw in some "Under the Tuscan Sun" and I'm a happy camper out on the porch.

Stay tuned for today's lunch...I had to register for insurance last night and didn't quite get this part out...that and the end of the night was not what I expected. C'est la vie, hmm...what's french for clearly I'm mostly ridiculous? Clairement, je suis la plupart du temps ridicule!

No comments: