Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little Known Fact!


Here's a little known fact for all you teacher people...if you don't cancel a sub before 8:00am, you can't do it at all! And if perhaps, the user of the technology device that schedules subs makes a mistake that you are unaware of until the morning, you still cannot cancel the sub...with that said, it's 12:36 and I'm sitting at Chapters, where I'm sure parents and teachers can see me and it will look like I'm playing hooky, which essentially I am...but forced hooky so it's not the same, at least that's what I think.

Here is a book that I saw today that intrigues me The Elegance of the Hedgehog. What a great title. I'm hooked and I want to read it, I'm half considering buying it so that I can read it at the beach, but then I'd have to stop reading 1984 which I was supposed to have done last weekend, Anne of Avonlea, and the Love and Logic classroom book that I'm also supposed to be done with. Not to mention the 3 others that I am in the middle of, but I keep taking "breaks" to finish other things.
Here's a book I haven't finished yet...The Bell Jar I haven't finished this because it's depressing...a fascinating kind of depressing, but depths of despair nontheless, and the last time I was reading it I suddenly found myself in this black and dark place emotionally...so I decided to take a break...that was 5 months ago...hmmmm

1 comment:

Ridgely said...

Don't finish "The Bell Jar"! It continues to be depressing, and life is depressing enough without wallowing in the "sloughs of despond". Hang in there with Anne, she's got the right answers! :)