Saturday, November 1, 2008

Who Reads A Book At A Party?


That would be me (and Rory Gilmore of course)...Anne of Green Gables came with me to my Halloween party and then chatted with me when I was the quintessential unparty person. When did I turn into one of those people that doesn't want to hang out with new people at parties?
I kind of just froze with all the new people, and it was akward, and darkish, and black lights are creepy, millions of bobby pins were in my hair, and then Katie fell asleep, I died at video games one to many times, and everyone else I knew was playing a shot game or playing video games...so Anne of Green Gables came out of my bag, and the chastisement began...we'll see if I live this one down.
On a side note: the hair dye didn't work out for Anne, figures since she bought it from the peddlar on the road...another lesson in vanity for both Anne and I.

On another sidenote, our costume of "sorround sound" was a total hit! We are extremely creative! Which goes to show you that having long breakfasts with friends in Portland is very conducive to fabulous brainstorms! :) We won the costume contest, our skit was fabulous, we sparkled and it was lovely...our prize however was that Edgar takes us to a movie that we choose...not sure about the prize, I was hoping for a car, or 1,000 dollars...oh well!

Happy Halloween

1 comment:

Ridgely said...

So, your mother would read a book at a party...it's a biological curse!

Are there pictures of your costume???

xxoo Mom